Friday, April 12, 2013

trying again

I am finally sitting in the sun inside Cmor and will try to catch up with our adventures. Semi first statement. I do not expect to be graded on spelling or punctuation.

First real statement. Since my first attempt at blogging is floating somewhere out in cyberspace, I'm going to repeat myself. Thank you to all of you that gave us the wonderful cards, thanks to Russell, Linda, and Danna for the homemade goodies that have started me down the slippery slope to wide hips. Thank you Joan for stocking up our refrigerator. Thanks to our House sitter for keeping things safe at home. Big thanks for all of you that gave us books to read and to show us where to go. Thanks to Carol for my wonderful wool socks. I will pobably wear them out so get out your knitting needles again. And the most thanks go to all our family and friends for the love , prayers and good wishes you have all sent us off with. We are truly blessed by all of you.

Why do I feel like I'm acceping an Academy Award?

Don and I had an Epiphany. Why did we leave now? I think we haave always traveled in the summer when the kids were out of school and so we always had good weather. The Unini's don't like to drive in the snow, so our tips will always be warm, correct? Wrong! But at least we are having some fun experiences. The weather has been really strange. Snow, rain, lots of wind and occasionally bits of blue sky. Waking up in Ely to snow flake was the beginning. I was so busy trying to get weather info, I was a bad "nagivator" and we went 20 mmiles the wrong way. I'mm sure it won't be the first time.
Snow and rain in our next camp. A white Peacock followed Don to the office to register. I thought they were ttropical birds. Don broughtt some of  Katy and Brandy's cookies and fed two dogs in the office. Wild bunnies hopping all over camp. Next camp, Salina. sleept great with our little elect. heater on. Left camp with icycles hanging off bumper. 26*. must get knit caps for Don and Jr.

The missing first part of my blogs told about our stop to visit Michael's Shop for hugs and to get Don's head shaved.  I sang Don a new song " I left my hair  in Sacramento."

Woke up to a very ccold day. The hose cnnecting us to watter was frozen solid. Don used warm water from ou outdoorr showe to thaw it out so he could roll it up. We went to the dinasaur journey Museum to get pictures for the kids in Drew's class. Our sock monkey Junior is witing to them. After that we climbed steeply up the oad to The Colorado National Monument. Incredible views, scaary road.  I had a great 1 1/2 mile hhike along the canyon m trail and to window rock. I enjoyed it but missed my hiking buddy, Sharon.
Have any of you ev gotten home from a trrip and discovered you were really close tto something wondeful and you missed it? That almost happened to us. We almost missed Mike the Headless Chicken. In 1945, Lloyd Olsen chopped off a chiken's head but missed its brain stem. Mike lived for another 18 mnths with Olsen feeding it wih an eyedopper. Fruita now hosts a festival every year that invites visitors to "party your heads off.' I'm sorry wwe're going to miss that.
oops, Don is disonnecting. It's Friday moning and already clouding up. I wonde where we will go next. I'll fill you in later. Hugs, Donna



No comments:

Post a Comment