Wednesday, June 5, 2013

D. C. And Harley's

Boy have I messed up our vacation. We took a shuttle from our camp into Washington D. C. I was really looking forward to it after blowing our trip to Williamsburg. It was drizzling but really hot so we just had on t shirts and shorts. Anyway we did the Capitol tour. I couldn't believe we were really there. I kept remembering the crowds and the inaugurations The interior of the rotunda and the Hall of Statues and just everything was wonderful.. By the time we finished that I was getting a bit tired but for once in my life I was stubborn! We walked down the Mall. We popped in to some of the Museums and I enjoyed seeing the Smithsonian Castle. We saw the Indian Museum, The  Botanical gardens,the sculpture Garden and a few minutes of other buildings. Not really much of any of them. The Washington Monument was covered with scaffoldings. We walked to The White House and did the usual stare through the fence thing. I guess I' m a bit naive but I didn't realize the White House was surrounded by other buildings. I was expecting it to be up on a pedestal or something. However I was as impressed as everyone else. King  sized lump in my throat. I had planned to see the Lincoln Monument, the Pentagon and The Vietnam Wall but I ran out of energy. We barely made it back to the Capitol where we met our bus. Don was so patient with me. The next day we cancelled plans for Mount Vernon and Arlington. I just wasn't feeling that great. Don says we will do another 10,000 mile trip another year. We left our camp in Maryland and headed North across another border. This time we ended up in York, Pennsylvania at the Harley factory for ABT. This tour was really different. By the time we got through we both were ready for tattoos. Junior wants a bike for his birthday. More news tomorrow, but I am feeling great now. Hugs to all Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment