Thursday, June 27, 2013

Oh Canada

First let me make it perfectly clear, it was not my fault. Just ask Russell. He knows what those border guards are like. We were sitting in Cmor and I was all excited because I had a brand new passport and I was holding my camera because it is now a part of my body. Anyway, all of you know what a sweet person I am. I would never do anything wrong! I simply leaned over as "That Guard" was looking at our passports and asked if I could take his picture. Wow, international incident. NO. You can not take a picture. Okay, I didn't. Then after a few questions he gave them back and said "Here you are, you can go now." So I said thanks, and before Don drove away, I took a picture in front of us of the flag. Incident number 2. He started yelling at me. You shouldn't be taking pictures. I'm asking important questions here. I opened my mouth to say, "You already told us to go, but for once I shut it before anything came out. He sure ruined something I was looking forward to.

Okay, on to the rest of the day. The Canada side of the falls is completely different. Except for right along the edge facing the falls, it  is like Las Vegas. Nothing but tourist stuff, kind of like Fisherman's Wharf at home. Here comes the ugly American comment. Our side is a beautiful park. So there Canada! But I must agree with what a lot of people have told me. The Falls are prettier from the Canadian side. I was able to get pictures of both sets of stairs. Also some good shots of the mist rising above Horseshoe Falls. The close up of the boat in the mist shows how thick it is and also you can see how close the boats get to the falls. We did a lot of walking along the edge. Interesting mural of bricks on one observation deck. We parked near Ripleys and so got to sit down and rest a bit.
Next we drove to Kitchener and let Cmor visit his birthplace. We met some of the people we already knew and had a tour of the factory. That was fun. The guy Don won the Tournament with, happened to be there from Alabama so we got to see him too. We decided not to say in Canada and so we headed for Detroit. Got to use the passports again and this time I didn't say anything. No really, I didn't. WiFi is really slow so I am not going to write anymore tonight. Rain last night and rain tonight also but the days are really hot. Time for bed. Goodnight all, from Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment