Sunday, May 5, 2013

ACD Museum

Today was a happy day for Don. ABM. We went to The Auburn, Cord, Duesenberg Museum. It was three floors of incredible designs. We started out in thr small shed building with old carriages. The n on to the jewelry box. At least that is what I called it. Even the showroom was the original Art Deco designs, from floor to ceiling. Those of you that have gone to the Jokers Car club with Don will recognize the name of one of the donors. I don' see how anyone can give up these beautiful cars. I enjoyed the cut away engine block. I was surprised to remember most of the parts. Some of the trim really was a kind of jewelry. I think one of my favorites was the white one. It was painted in the original colors. Seeing these cars reminded me of the Auburn don restored in our shop that won at Pebble Beach. The clay models that were used to design the cars were kept in a cold room to prevent them from melting. Tom, I found the car to go with the hat you let me borrow. After half of the second floor of cars, we became over whelmed and almost didn' really see them anymore. I guess sometimes you can have too much of a good thing. We are still enjoying our little home. We are quite comfortable. We have used the crock pot, the rice steamer, the coffee pot, thr gas cards, our orgreenic frying pan and all the other gifts we received from our family so we would have a great time or perhaps so we would just stay away. Anyway we are happy gypsies, wandering the country, never really knowing where we will be next and enjoying all the new people we meet, especially through Jr.  I' having trouble staying awake, so hugs to all and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment