Monday, May 6, 2013

Maumee Bay State Park

Hi everyone, new state again. Stayed in Maumee Bay State Park. This next week is a very big deal to Birders. The bay is a crossing point of two major Migration paths. 3500 bird species will be here this coming week. I think a large number of them flew over Cmor. After looking at these pictures you will see why I have not been able to do any climbing. The park has signs saying Big Hill. These pictures are Big Hill. I must be in great shape. I went up carrying Junior and didn't even have to stop to catch my breath. Ohio is definitely another flat state so far. From the top of Big Hill I could see Lake Erie. There was a children's fishing derby going on and they loved Junior. Met a giant man, made Cmor look small. I think the birds flew over him too.Went to the Marblehead Lighthouse. The first keeper didn't use the supplied white keepers house because he had his own house already. He would ride everyday from town and didn't need to in the winter because the lake would freeze so no ships to worry about. We went to The Rain Forest at the Cleveland Zoo before calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment