Friday, May 10, 2013

Mastodons and baseballs

Spent the night at Buck Creek state park, Springfield, Ohio, I had fun in the morning playing with Jr. I told Don I was trying to find my inner child. He said he has been waiting for me to find my inner adult. Drove past La Grange. You railroad folk would enjoy it. Tracks literally go down Main Street. Cars have to pull over and park when train goes thru at 10 miles an hour. Drove thru Cincinnati, some beautiful buildings. Crossed another border. My poor brain never knows what time it is. Stayed that night in Bone Lick State Park. Really beautiful. Again, we are enjoying hills, trees and acres do green grass. Interesting old root cellar. But what I enjoyed was the ABC. originally property was owned by the BAKER  family. When I took a walk, I discovered the little old cemetery. Maybe 20 graves total. I had to get Don when I saw the shape of one stone. Someone in the 1800's had a great sense of humor.  When I talked to the ranger later and asked about the bread slice, he didn't know what I was talking about. I showed him my pictures and he was really surprised. I had a great hike anD met Don to go see the Bison. Jr and I were enjoying our walk and beautiful Mother Nature when we reached the sign telling us how much further to go. I don't think Don was thinking the same way I was. When's he saw the sign, his comment was " hey Jr, they're  a nine iron away." Walked the Bone Lick trail and saw Mastodon, mammoth, Giant Sloth, and Bison figures. Discovered Buffal are only from Africa and are water buffalo. None native to U.S. We have Bison. I are gittin edjacated  on this here trip. Learned also, This park is well known in Europe. First mastodon bones were found here and Jefferson sold them to France. Full sized skeleton there. Real skull in museum. Huge.
Next stop, Louisville. Told it is pronounced Lu Vul. Can't believe how many bridges there are. Slugger factory and museum. Don didn't call this ABM. Interesting movie. Small exhibit of stadiums built with Legos. Sorry I can' t remember the name of the first stadium with blue top. It actually opens. I thought the pictures on the walls were painted but they were Legos. Found a cane  for Don, in case he ever gets old. Glass bat and Lego bat. Wouldn't last to long at our house. Went outside and found statue oz David. Won't be sharing that pic with kids. Went to Kentucky hall of science. Jr. Enjoyed it but we were a bit tired of museums. I was going to climb down into the space capsule but saner minds won. I would have had to wait until Don and Jr weren't looking. Just because I occasionally get us lost, or bump into things or forget what things are called, doesn't mean he has to keep calling me Lucy. I guess I'll just dye my hair red and really fit the name. Strange weather here in the East. 81 degrees one minute, then rain. Right now heading west again and it is pouring so hard we almost can't see. Leaving Poseyville. Bye for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment