Monday, May 6, 2013

Cuyaoga Valley National Rec. Area

Beautiful park between Cleveland and Akron. It is the only National Park in Ohio. The indian name means Crooked River. The river is 90 miles long, but 30 as the crow flies. We stopped at the Canal Visitor Center to watch a demo in the lock keepers house. This was the Ohio-Erie canal. As we were walking through the parking lot, I asked Don if he remembered the song about the Erie Canal. He said no, so I sang it to him. When I finished, I asked him if he recognized it. He said, recognized what? I said, the song I was just singing, to which he replied, Oh I thought you hurt yourself. Good thing I'm so cute, because he obviously doesn't keep me around for my voice.
The demo was interesting and going out to see the actual hand dug canal was amazing. I love seeing how things work. After that went along the canal and took  short walk to Brandywine falls. Jr. got tired so I had to carry him.  Thats all Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment