Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tornado

Good morning everyone. We've had some calls from home. It was a very  scary night but with lots of prayers we made it through. This is definately a trip we will never forget. I thought the sky on Sunday was impressive, but it could not compare to last night. As we were watching the news and seeing all the horrible things happening in Oklahoma and watching the warnings for here in Branson, it really made me appreciate California. I had emergency bags packed and ready in case we had to go to the shelters. I got the call I was expecting from Deb, reminding me about flashlights, etc. I'velearned a lot from my children. I had water, cameras, emergency candy, all our pills and of course Junior all packed  and ready to go. I remembered Danna telling me about a trip to La when there was a fire in their hotel. Taking her advice I had shoes and my purse next to the door. Don was really worried. It took him 5 minutes to fall asleep instead of only 1. We have an unspoken agreement in our marriage. I stay awake and do the worrying and praying. He does all the reassuring. Anyway he said he needed to get his rest for golf today. The bus was here at 6:30 for all the crazy golfer s. I went down to see them off and then went to the big tent for Breakfast with all the other intelligent people.  It has started raining again but far across the valley in the direction of the golf course, it doesn't look too bad. Perhaps the golf Gods will smile on them. I hear thunder occasionally. The weather report says storms off and on today but it should clear up by tomorrow. Perhaps tonight I'll trade jobs with Don and get some sleep. For now it looks likes a curl up with a good book day. There are buses here all day to take anyone to the outlets or into town to sightsee. I think I'll just relax here in our cozy nest. We both appreciate your good thoughts and prayers. Hugs from Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment