Monday, May 6, 2013

football hall of fame

I cannot believe it. I went to The Pro Football Hall of Fame and actually enjoyed it. In fact, I found it incredibly interesting. unfortunately again, Glass or plastic cases make for lousy pictures but I hope you all can still enjoy them. Using two cameras so pictures are out of order. The red jacket is Jim Thorpes Olympic jacket. The large potato is what they think is the first football. Called a pigskin because the first ones were stuffed with a pigs bladder and then inflated. There were talks on helmets, from the first to present. Then a talk on the strangest things in their collections. Incidentally everything in the hall is donated. Nothing was purchased. Don and I both tried on the special gloves and then held onto a ball. No fair, that makes it much easier. The equipment has really changed. We enjoyed the hall of fame and all the bronze bust. I took lots of pictures, see if any are recognizable. The names beneath them were cut through plastic and don't show in pictures, but since I recognized them, yoou fans should have no trouble. Jr. hung around the lockers for awhile. We saw a couple o movies. In one the seats actually revolved and they showed the last superbowl from down on the field and sidelines and from the players prospective. It was so exciting, I was actually sitting on the edge of my seat hoping the niners would win. I sure hope I'm not getting hooked. We saw a gallery dedicated to fans with memorabilia including this actual referees shirt worn by a fan. As I told my dear son-in-law we were able to get this last picture of Jr with the football because all the 49er balls had ben sold and no one wanted the Raiders so there were a lot left. Thats it, I'm caught up, it is 11:10 and down the hall, in the bedroom, I can hear my dear husband sleeping. I think I'll join him. Night all from Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment